Trying To Look Past The Fog

So much to catch up on. This is the first time I have had a chance all week to sit down and write. Let’s see if I can squeeze everything into one post, so I don’t fall behind. 

The past week or two have been busy. Not just with setting up this blog and all the social media but also stuff going on with the house, hanging out with friends, and preparing for my surgery in May. I assumed the fatigue and brain fog I have been experiencing was because I’ve been busier than normal. It turns out that is not the case. My doctor just got back to me with all the results from a bunch of tests she ordered in preparation for my surgery in May (I will go into detail about the surgery in my next post because there is a lot to unpack with it). According to her, my iron is really low again. She put me on two new prescriptions to help raise it. If they don’t work, I will have to have weekly iron transfusions again (I had to do that back in 2014, and it wasn’t fun). I’m hoping it works quickly because the fatigue has been so bad that I don’t want to get out of bed in the morning, or I feel like I need a nap every evening. That makes getting everything done hard to do. 

Last week I went bowling like I usually do on Wednesdays, but instead of going with my friend, Mathew, I went with a new friend named Whitney. It was actually my first time meeting her in person. She’s actually my dietitian. She’s the first doctor that I spent the appointments laughing the whole time. So I invited her to go bowling with Mathew and me. Unfortunately, Mathew wasn’t able to join us because he was doing the final walk-through for the house he and his girlfriend, Kelsey, just bought. Whitney and I had a lot of fun. 

Then Friday, I was running around like crazy trying to get through all my errands. You can see how my day went in my latest Youtube video. I was really happy to be able to have dinner out with my husband, even if it was interrupted three times by his gov phone (the cellphone he uses for recruiting). 

On Saturday, Whitney texted me because she saw a sign for an estate sale and wanted to go check it out. It was her first estate sale. The place was PACKED with stuff to buy, but most of the prices were triple what I was willing to pay. I saw a gorgeous writing narrow writing desk the width of a nightstand, but they wanted over $200 for it. I did find a cool key pocket knife that looks like my mailbox key and a stovetop popcorn maker for $18 for both items. 

Sunday was awesome. Our friend, Mike, came to hang out with Mathew and us. We went out to lunch at Penn Station (it’s like Subway but greasier and better-tasting sandwiches). Then we went to Hunter’s Haven to use their archery range. I will be posting videos of us shooting. Jeremy, Mathew, and I each have our own bows. Jeremy and Mathew have compound bows. I have my dad’s longbow from the 1960s. The guys are definitely better at shooting than me. My boobs have a habit of getting in the way. Ouch! After that, Mathew invited us over to come to see his and Kelsey’s new house. I really like it. They have a lot of great ideas for the place. I can’t wait to see it all finished. 

This week has equally been busy running more errands, doing laundry, and editing videos for YouTube. John Paul went to his groomer, Kristin, this week. She always does such a great job with him. She is so patient with him and has done a great job training him so that he is well behaved while being groomed. We are going to miss her when we move. I don’t know how to find a groomer in San Diego that I trust as much as I do, Kristin. She’s been his groomer from the very beginning. She worked at the daycare he used to attend and would pull him out of playtime to get him to use to the clippers’ sound and feel before he needed to be groomed. It helped him so much not to be afraid, which is a huge issue with Wheatens when introduced to new things. 

I did do something that I kind of regret. I have been getting frustrated with my bangs. Parts of the bangs love to try and curl in half ringlets, while the back of my head had cowlicks like Alfalfa from Little Rascals. So I went back to the hairstylist had my hair cut again. I’m not too fond of it this short. I feel very boyish and not in a good way. I regret it. I wish I had kept my hair long, but I know it isn’t sensible right now. This, too, shall pass. I guess the positive is that most of the damaged hair has been cut out, and my hair should grow more healthily now. 

Well, I guess I should wrap this up as I need to get back to packing up what I can before May. So little time, so much to do. Please send me the energy I need to get this all done in time. I hope y’all have a great day. 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s